New Release - Data Warehousing on AWS
Data Warehousing on AWS is a new three-day course that is designed for database architects, database administrators, database developers, and data analysts/scientists. It introduces you to concepts, strategies, and best practices for designing a cloud-based data warehousing solution using Amazon Redshift.
This course demonstrates how to collect, store, and prepare data for the data warehouse by using other AWS services such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon S3. Additionally, this course demonstrates how you can use business intelligence tools to perform analysis on your data. Organizations who are looking to get more out of their data by implementing a Data Warehousing solution or expanding their current Data Warehousing practice are encouraged to sign up.
This course teaches you how to:
- Discuss the core concepts of data warehousing.
- Evaluate the relationship between Amazon Redshift and other big data systems.
- Evaluate use cases for data warehousing workloads and review case studies that demonstrate implementation of AWS data and analytic services as part of a data warehousing solution.
- Choose an appropriate Amazon Redshift node type and size for your data needs.
- Discuss security features as they pertain to Amazon Redshift, such as encryption, IAM permissions, and database permissions.
- Launch an Amazon Redshift cluster and use the components, features, and functionality to implement a data warehouse in the cloud.
- Use other AWS data and analytic services, such as Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon EMR, Amazon Kinesis Firehose, and Amazon S3, to contribute to the data warehousing solution.
- Evaluate approaches and methodologies for designing data warehouses.
- Identify data sources and assess requirements that affect the data warehouse design.
- Design the data warehouse to make effective use of compression, data distribution, and sort methods.
- Load and unload data and perform data maintenance tasks.
- Write queries and evaluate query plans to optimize query performance.
- Configure the database to allocate resources such as memory to query queues and define criteria to route certain types of queries to your configured query queues for improved processing.
- Use features and services, such as Amazon Redshift database audit logging, Amazon CloudTrail, Amazon CloudWatch, and Amazon Simple Notification Service (Amazon SNS), to audit, monitor, and receive event notifications about activities in the data warehouse.
- Prepare for operational tasks, such as resizing Amazon Redshift clusters and using snapshots to back up and restore clusters.
- Use a business intelligence (BI) application to perform data analysis and visualization tasks against your data.
This course is intended for:
- Database architects
- Database administrators
- Database developers
- Data analysts and scientists
SureSkills AWS Offering
SureSkills are uniquely placed to provide end to end AWS Services from Training & Consulting right through to Billing and Support. As the only AWS Authorized training partner in Ireland we Educate our clients by delivering accredited and bespoke training courses onsite or at our training centers.
Our highly skilled and experienced Consultants are available to Engage with clients through long or short term projects to deliver POC’s and first & second workloads which help you expedite the on-boarding process to start realizing the benefits of AWS straight away. For the more advanced requirements our consultants can Design, Architect, Migrate or Build your new applications on AWS.
This transformative approach is designed to deliver business value rapidly and allow organizations to move to a new operating model without the traditional capital investment or large scale project engagement.